Friday, January 23, 2009

DAY 4 WITH RUNNER: Entered 01/23/09




I already wrote a separate post about Runner's vet visit yesterday - which went "ok" I think.

He seemed to be coughing much less yesterday, but boy he made up for it last night! The poor little guy was up most of the night with a terrible cough...I have some medicine that the vet gave us though and I'm hoping that will help him sleep better tonight (hence WE will also sleep better!)

He ate his dinner and when Dave went down to check on him after we were finished with our dinner, he said he was wandering around downstairs...which is AWESOME that he had some energy to do that!

He's here with me at work again today...I still don't feel comfortable leaving him alone. 1) he is so weak and his breathing becomes very labored at times...2) It is not a good idea for him to become stressed right now. I'm afraid he will go backward in his progress...I don't want him feeling lonely or barking and further aggravating his trachea issue.

He ate breakfast as readily as ever - it is now 1:30 pm and he is sitting in his bed, eyes wide open, looking at me (see above picture) ... perhaps he has learned to tell time and knows that his lunch meal is late?

I took his sweater off today since the temperatures finally went up to something tolerable, besides that, I have a space heater under the desk to keep things warm back here anyway.

His coat is such a pretty color and is soft as cotton. It appears to be matted and his skin is flaking and dirty...he really needs some grooming, but I'm going to hold off on that until I know he is feeling better. I can't imagine being so sick that I don't want to walk and have someone throw me in the tub - grrr...I would be mad! He's cute anyway...even if he does smell like a Frito!

That's all I have for now...hopefully the day will remain fairly uneventful for Runner...

1 comment:

  1. Still interested. I am thrilled to see how well he is doing in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete