Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Monday...Runner feels pretty good today

Well, we all slept pretty well last night...once I was able to force the tiny little tablet down the tiny little dog's throat (what a bully), all was good!

Our 4 1/2 month foster dog, Buffy is just so full of herself and thinks that SHE should be the center of everyone's attention. Needless to say, she is very curious and a wee bit jealous of Runner. So we've been dealing with her antics lately...barking every time I pick Runner up or even if he makes a sound. She tries to get on the bed and "meet him" - which is not allowed until the end of 14 days of anti-biotics...just want to be sure his cough is not contagious. My Shih Tzus seem to understand that he is sick and needs special attention. They would normally be beating down the door and having a fit if we were "keeping a dog from them in our room", but they aren't. They just look at him and us curiously but are pretty well behaved about the whole thing. My border collie of course could care less. His motto is live and let live...very laid back with all dogs. He has never met a dog he can't get along with.

I took Runner out this morning to potty and he seemed to be enjoying himself in that BRISK air...he stands there forever before he finally "goes". Then he stood there for a very long time again. We headed for the office, Runner sleeping in his seat all the way. We arrived and he was up and about...looking for breakfast I assume. He began eating and I headed up front for coffee. I came back and the booger was on the other side of my co-worker's work station, snorting and rubbing his face all over the carpet! My co-worker says, "He's over here...he might have spit up...he has white stuff on his face." No, that was his breakfast...shredded chicken breast. He says, "was it marinated or just roasted?" Ha-Ha!! Yes, that stings a bit, but he's worth it! :-)

Runner continued to be a bit more mobile than I prefer since we are at the office and I need him to stay put and stay quiet here, so I gave him a 1/2 dose of his night-time medicine and now he's lying at my feet...sound asleep ;-) (he is prescribed 3 full tablets as needed per day...he only gets 1/2 in the morning and a whole tab before bed - didn't want to give the impression I'm overdosing the little guy). There is only one person at my office that would like to kick Runner out, but that one person can get rather loud about things, so I'd prefer to keep Runner out of sight and out of mind until I can leave him home alone for a full day.

This is Runner at home this morning, with his sleepy face, getting a morning drink before heading to the office:



No comments:

Post a Comment