Runner stayed home with hubby yesterday since he was off from work. Hubby allows more freedom than I do (because I'm a worrier!)
I received the first report about noon that Runner had eaten his breakfast and then later barked to go outside!!! Whoa - never did that for me! My husband left Runner out to roam around the house and do whatever he'd like. Runner chose to follow my husband EVERYWHERE. I guess at some point they were hanging out on the sofa and when Dave got up to go to the bathroom, Runner hopped down as if he does it everyday! That may not sound like a big deal, but he couldn't even walk down the hall last week.
Dave had to get an x-ray of his foot yesterday and decided to take Runner along (he's a sucker...didn't want to leave the little fella home alone). When he was finished with his appointment, he took Runner to McDonald's for a hamburger! :-) While waiting in line, the girl at the window was ooohing and awwwing over Runner...Dave told her his story and told her that he just loves McDonald's burgers. She came back with 2 FREE Patties for Runner! We're going to take Runner to the steak house next and see what happens there ;-)
When I got home from work, Runner was STILL awake. Apparently he stayed awake all day yesterday and did not cough or sneeze all day! He ate his dinner and slept well again last night.
This morning I stayed home because of the nasty weather (and I also have a little 5 month pup who was spayed yesterday...she's not feeling great). So, Runner slept late (he sleeps until I get him up, at which time he needs to pee right away). I took him out onto the sheet of white ice in the yard and grimaced as I watched him try to walk around and choose a spot. It's funny, the dogs continue to search for a spot of grass even though everything is white as far as you can see. He finally stopped and peed. He just looked up at me as if to say, "are you going to pick me up or watch me struggle back to the house?!" So of course, I carried him inside. I'm thinking I will have to dig a spot for them today before Runner has to do #2...he'll never be able to brace himself on the ice that long.
I gave him his breakfast and he promptly began tipping the bowl with his snout and making a mess. I picked up the dish and then he knocked over his water dish!! I have no idea what this was about, but we decided to hold off on breakfast for a bit. I set the dish on the counter, went to check on my email, came back and the dish was empty. Hmmm...I only have one dog that could have reached the bowl...my border collie...my perfect angel BINX??!! Ohhhhh - I guess it's similar to the feeling you get when you learn that your kids aren't perfect? Sigh...so I put Binx in his crate and hit myself over the head with a newspaper because I, as the human, should have known better than to leave Binx unattended with chicken sitting on the edge of the counter.
I waited an hour and then made myself some eggs and toast. I figured I'd make Runner an egg also. Nope. Runner does not like eggs today. Runner does however know all about people eating at the table. He demonstrated last night at dinner and again this morning that he is well aware of what goes on at the table. He left his bowl of eggs to come beg at the table.
Finally after my breakfast, I added some shredded chicken and rice to his eggs and he did eat "some" of it - but not much. I told him we'd heat his extra hamburger from yesterday's outing for lunch today. Maybe that will suit the little booger!
So far all of the dogs are getting along nicely. Runner stands and allows them to sniff, but really wants nothing to do with any of them. He just wants to be with people...he doesn't like to be left alone in a room - he will follow you if possible. That's pretty common with dogs that have been abandoned in shelters, lost and on their own, etc. I'd love to know his story.
That's all I have for now - will update again soon!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment